Notices to Fish Harvesters
Greenland Halibut (turbot) - 4RST - Gaspe-Lower St. Lawrence - Fixed Gear less than 13,71m - Competitive
Call of interest - Greenland Halibut 4RST competitive fishery Gaspe fixed gear fleet of less than 13.71 m
Gaspe – May 4, 2017
Fisheries and Oceans Canada – Quebec Region solicits the 4RST Greenland halibut licence holders of the Gaspe Peninsula fixed gear of less than 13.71 m under a competitive regime to file their interest to participate to the fishery.
In order to insure the respect and the monitoring of the available allocation, the following measures recommended by the representative organizations and implemented in 2016 will be maintained:
· establishment of an individual maximum catch limit (IMCL) based on the number of fish harvesters that will have filed their interest to participate to this fishery,
· conciliation on an individual basis of the IMCL overruns that occurred during the 2016-2017 season on the IMCL established for the 2017-2018 season;
· a maximum number of 80 gillnets authorized, except for the traditional licence holders for the Snow crab fishery, at the exception of the area 12A, or the Lobster fishery of Gaspe, who will be limited to 60 gillnets.
· in the event of a second opening period, only fish harvesters who participated to the first period and respected their IMCL will be eligible.
· conciliation on an individual basis of the 2017-2018 overruns over the following year, that it is an IMCL or an ITQ.
The fishery opening will take place during the week of May 22, 2017 (date to be determined) and its duration will be determined upon the number of participants.
No vessel leasing will be authorized between the fleet under competitive regime and the fleet under ITQ regime in a same management year.
Simultaneous gillnets fishery of Greenland halibut and Snow crab, of Lobster, of Whelk, of Herring or Mackerel will be authorized during different fishing trips, if the fishery of both species take place in the same fishing sub-area for groundfish fishery.
Eligible fish harvesters who wish to participate into this fishery must indicate their interest to one or the other of the following organizations by phone or in person before May 9 at 12:00 (noon). No demand received at DFO will be taken into account.
Regroupement des pêcheurs professionnels du Nord de la Gaspésie
Tel. : 418-566-2739,
159, Saint-Pierre street, Bureau 303, Matane (Quebec) G4W 2B8
Association des capitaines propriétaires de la Gaspésie inc.
Tel. : 418-269-7701
1, de la Langevin street,
Rivière-au-Renard (Quebec) G4X 5G4
Every fish harvester who filed their interest to participate to this fishery makes a commitment to respect the conditions listed in the present Notice to fish harvesters. Besides exposing himself to legal proceedings, every participant not respecting these conditions could be non-eligible to participate in a next fishing period.
Fish harvesters who registered for this fishery will be required to provide DFO with their gear tag numbers in order to receive their Conditions of licencebefore the opening of the fishery. To obtain their Conditions of licence fish harvesters must access the National Online Licensing System. For National Online Licensing System assistance, please contact customer support by phone at 1-877-535-7307 or by email at email@example.com.
You can obtain additional information on management measures and fishing areas on our website at http://www.qc.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/peches-fisheries/commerciale-commercial/index-eng.html and information regarding changes to service delivery at the following address: http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/sdc-cps/index-eng.htm.
For additional information
Please communicate with the above organizations.
Gaspe-Lower St. Lawrence area
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
418-368-5559 / Toll free: 1-877-898-5559
Note: In case of discrepancies between the English and the French versions, the latter prevails.
- Date modified: