Notices to Fish Harvesters
New inshore regulation (2021-03-17)
NEW INSHORE REGULATIONS EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, 2021
Quebec – March 17, 2021
Crew Registry Requirement
Fisheries and Oceans Canada advises that on April 1, 2021, amended inshore regulations - the Atlantic Fishery Regulations, 1985 and the Maritimes Provinces Fishery Regulations, will come into effect.
The amended inshore regulations apply to inshore commercial licences across Atlantic Canada and Quebec, except:
- a pre-1979 corporation licence
- in the Maritimes Region, a pre-1989 corporation licence that does not name the operator
- in Maritimes Region an exempted fleet licence
- in Maritimes and Gulf Regions a coastal licence
- any licence issued under the authority of the Aboriginal Communal Fishing Licences Regulations
Pursuant to Section 20 of the amended regulations, a Crew Registry is now required, and will be outlined in 2021 licence conditions.
The inshore regulations require all Independent Core licence holders, and their approved Substitute Operators, to keep records of all the crew members working aboard the vessel on every fishing trip. These records must be maintained by the licence holder for a period of five (5) years. The following Crew information must be recorded for both the licence holder and for all crew members working aboard the vessel.
- Fisher Identification Number or Provincial Fisher’s Certificate, or other identifying number.
- Vessel name and Vessel Registration number
- Directed Species harvested
- Fishing trip start date
- Fishing trip end date
For additional information:
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
telephone : 1-877-535-7307
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) - Information for industry
Canadian fisheries and aquaculture sectors provide the world with sustainably-sourced, high quality, high value, fish and seafood.
Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard is committed to supporting our fisheries and aquaculture industry during these difficult times. The Government of Canada is taking the necessary steps to ensure that you can continue to operate safely and effectively and we will continue to keep you informed of the latest developments.
Visit our website to find out more: http://dfo-mpo.gc.ca/covid19/industry-industrie/index-eng.html
- Date modified: